ocba - [ocba] Feeders

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Phil DeGuzman <phil.deguzman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Feeders
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 07:04:59 -0400

Greetings all,

I was cleaning up my old hive bodies and preparing for the upcoming install of packages. When I previously installed packages, I used entrance feeders that I made to hold 1/2 gallon mason jars. Since this is my last "project" weekend before picking up packages April 1st, I figured I should consider different feeder options.

So I am asking for advice (including any new thinking on whether or not I should do the simple syrup to help establish the colony).

I am pretty much an open book so please share any thoughts on feeders, including whether or not to feed during the establishment phase.

Thanks!!
--
"There is nothing quite so useless, as doing with great efficiency, something that should not be done at all." ― Peter F. Drucker