ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee-friendly Vines

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee-friendly Vines
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:49:15 -0600 (CST)

Rex,

One thing about trumpet vines and wisteria both can get out of
control. I think Heavenly Blue Morning Glory (annual)makes a show
stopping display, butterflies love it and I think bees might
also.

Another option and nearly as over whelming of display is a
climbing aster, pollinators love it and it gets bigger every year.
The climbing aster I do not know anywhere to get it. Big Bloomers
would be a place to look for it. I used to have a friend that had
it and it covered their handrail up to the hot tub and covered the
screen for the hot tub, we'd see 20 kinds of butterflies on it
right there and then, bees also.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
www.rlephoto.blogspot.com