ocba - [ocba] Invitation to the first "Natural" beekeeping meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Invitation to the first "Natural" beekeeping meeting
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:02:11 -0500

Hello All,

What a busy weekend it has been.

First I'd like to say a big thanks to Lewis for helping to get the ball rolling and to Kitty for setting up our new yahoo site. Its a get place for us all to come together to learn and grow as beekeepers!

I would like to host the first of what I hope will be many meetings on this topic and I think we are off to a great start! After reading some of the other emails and checking in w/ a few of you I would like to propose we try this coming sunday March 4th in the afternoon as our first meeting. Saturday is bad for a lot of people, but I do feel it important to do it before the following thursday as that will be the second thusday (OCBA) meeting. I'd like for us to have at least met once before then and started taking down idea, plans, site locals, etc and offer up some feedback for the OCBA group....and leadership.

I know sundays maybe a touchy spot but we could do a late lunch or "dinner" and call it a 3:00 pot luck.

We live at 113 Wolf's Trail in Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Our home line is 969-4347.

We could do a night meeting during the week "IF" those here feel as I do that we need to offer up some feedback to the OCBA, but the Sunday doesn't work out.

So I'm good to offer up my home for anything that day after 11am til whenever if that works for most of us. I also agree on a quick second meeting to firm up things.

Thoughts?

Marty Hanks
Just Bee, Apiaries

  • [ocba] Invitation to the first "Natural" beekeeping meeting, Marty Hanks, 02/26/2012