ocba - Re: [ocba] European foulbrood?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org, cadamson AT alumni.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] European foulbrood?
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:27:14 -0400

Catherine,

The absolute best thing for you to do is to contact one of our state bee inspectors (Don Hopkins and Will Hicks cover our area). Their jobs are to diagnose and advise about honey bee diseases, and their service is already paid for with your tax dollars. Since the vast majority of beekeepers in North Carolina are small-time hobbyists like us, we are their main target audience. So you are encouraged to put them to good use. Both Don and Will are very patient & compassionate fellows, good people to know and rely on.

Contact information can be found here: http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/inspect.htm and here: http://www.ncagr.gov/plantindustry/plant/apiary/

Let us know how it goes!

Randall Austin