ocba - Re: [ocba] Bees in swimming pool

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Tom Wright <twright AT vicksburg.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bees in swimming pool
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:37:20 -0400

Peter Smith wrote:

Hello Group,

I have a minor emergency involving a neighbor who is complaining about my bees in his swimming pool. I am the only beekeeper I know of in this area, so find it hard to deny that they are all from my hives.

So far we have a cordial relationship, and I would like to keep it that way. Does anyone have any experience of this? Obviously I should provide them with a nearby source of water and have done so already, but they seem “programmed” to go back to the pool, and I would like some way to discourage that as soon as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter Smith