ocba - [ocba] Bees in swimming pool

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Peter Smith" <psmith AT leaptec.com>
  • To: "'A list for the Orange County, NC Beekeepers Association'" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Bees in swimming pool
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:40:30 -0400

Hello Group,

I have a minor emergency involving a neighbor who is complaining about my bees in his swimming pool. I am the only beekeeper I know of in this area, so find it hard to deny that they are all from my hives.

So far we have a cordial relationship, and I would like to keep it that way. Does anyone have any experience of this? Obviously I should provide them with a nearby source of water and have done so already, but they seem “programmed” to go back to the pool, and I would like some way to discourage that as soon as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter Smith