ocba - Re: [ocba] Bees in swimming pool

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Solie, Eric" <ESolie AT intersil.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bees in swimming pool
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:25:56 -0400

I apologize for sending this to everyone.

I had a similar problem 2 years ago. I moved the bees to another location more than 3 miles away for 2 weeks and then brought them back.

I provided a local water source and put in some salt to make it more attractive.  I don’t know if the salt helped or hurt, but someone recommended it.

Eric