nafex - [nafex] PS. Pawpaw question and observation

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] PS. Pawpaw question and observation
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:03:02 -0400

On 8/19/2015 8:56 AM, Louis Pittman wrote:
My experience has been similar to mIEKAL's - container-grown pawpaws that I
grafted and transplanted a year or so later, often grew for a year or two,
then the graft 'woke up dead' after winter, and the understock re-grew.
Now... in-groung established seedlings that were topworked to named
selections... no decline or death of the grafted variety.
We can't get a pattern or make conclusions if we don't hear from those who have successfully transplanted and grown potted pawpaws for say 5 years or longer in duration. We need to hear of successes also.

Jerry