nafex - Re: [nafex] Pawpaw question and observation

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pawpaw question and observation
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:47:15 -0400

On 8/19/2015 9:17 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:
Keep in mind that I'm a good 200 miles north of the native range of
pawpaws. None of the grafted pawpaws I planted ever made it thru the
first winter, a couple times the rootstock made it, but other times
not. I also had Little John chip bud about 10 varieties last summer
onto in ground vigorous suckers and not of those made it either.
But ungrafted trees survive your winters? Any difference between seedlings transplanted or seeds planted in the ground?