nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple freeze question ('Lowville' apple)

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple freeze question ('Lowville' apple)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:23:39 +0000

Tanis
I have noted M7/EMLA7 does not handle sandy soils well. I had an apple
(Kingston Black) standing on EMLA7 that I eventually felt compelled to give
to a better home - wetter and cooler.

What you say about Bud118 in drought is intriguing. I have D'Arcy Spice
growing on Bud118 - benchgraft in '11 - which ought to do famously with our
light soil, dry climate and the light crops of D'Arcy. Being a slow grower,
it may be several years before that can be tested.

Have you used M26 yet? It does well here.

Dave Liezen, Spokane, WA, Arbor Day zone 6