nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:40:45 -0400

Wow,

We come off as a pretty mercenary group. No one mentioned the noose traps,
I'm shocked.

She's a girl living with her parents in California. She'll end up in
therapy for life, or wanted.

There are motion detecting sprinklers that could deter squirrels (with a few
well placed solar lights you could protect at night. It would mean leaving
a hose on (but not spraying). Night Guard solar thingies have helped for me
significantly with major damage and loss of fruit.

They make these tape things that scare birds by flashing and making an
irritating sound (I have not tried them, only seen them in catalogs)

A jack Russell is pretty effective (and cute)

Scott Hills
Zone 6b Michigan