nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:25:02 -0400

On Jun 1, 2011, at 6:37 PM, sherwin wrote:
> Also, bagging your fruit with plastic ziplocks will
> slow down some of these attacks.
>
> Sherwin Dubren

Well, last year the squirrels ate all the unbagged apples before they ate the
bagged apples (in zip lock bags), but they ate all the bagged apples before
they got to be two inches across. Early in the "season" I found chewed up
bags at the base of the tree, but eventually they got the hang of opening the
bags, and later in the season I just found empty bags.

Ginda
Eastern MA, zone 6