nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry wine.

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry wine.
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 07:24:09 -0400

Thanks folks,

I was thinking of adding a more acidic or tannic fruit to the mulberries enhance the flavor. Some ideas based upon what is ripe locally now include: rhubarb; wild cherry; strawberries.

Any favorite flavors that you would recommend? The cherries are pretty tart, and I do not have a good feel for what will eventually translate to an 'off flavor'; in fruit wine. Or is an 'off flavor' always spoilage?
Also, for bland fruit, tannin can be added.

Dan