nafex - [NAFEX] Agitator nozzle for Fimco sprayers

  • From: Alan Yelvington <alany@semparpac.org>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Agitator nozzle for Fimco sprayers
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:23:37 -0400

My Fimco 40 gallon 3-point sprayer arrived and I am getting happier each day. http://www.fimcoindustries.com/3point_sprayer_40gallon.html (Prices vary on the web, but I got a great price from Gempler's.)

There is room for improvement that the end users has to deal with on their own.

My #1 priority was to improve circulation in the tank using the pump bypass outlet. The factory outlet is just an open port that does little or nothing to promote circulation depending on your pressure setting.

I replaced the Femco 11/16" fitting with a 3/8" to 1/2" barb that I got from the local big-box store. I threaded on a Lechler agitator nozzle (pn. 500.262.53.02) and it made a world of difference! I strongly recommend this modification for anyone using a solution that wants to separate in the tank. The nozzle is an induction style design that really moves the solution around with very little water pressure. (You can order the nozzle directly from Lechler http://www.lechlerag.com/ with a phone call.) Here's a data sheet from another vendor: http://www.kramp.com/shop/action/product_60_-1_620747_10201_15295_0_Tank+Injector+Agitator+nozzle++Lechler

The 3/8" replacement fitting has a small shoulder and doesn't seat well against the tank, so I enlarged the hole in a nylon washer. Using the nylon washer eliminated the need for a rubber gasket. The nozzle threads on inside and eliminates the need for a nut on the inside. You'll need a helper to do this since Femco put the fill hole on the opposite side of the tank as the pump. (Doh!)

I also added vertical booms to the spray arms that required me to reinforce the support brackets. I'll cover those later.

R,

Al

  • [NAFEX] Agitator nozzle for Fimco sprayers, Alan Yelvington, 05/26/2011