nafex - [NAFEX] damping off - fungicide

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] damping off - fungicide
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:51:45 +0000

FWIW;

I'm growing some apple seedlings to use as rootstocks; Hidden Rose and
JonaFree.
The Hidden Rose germinated 30 plants / 30 seeds! (100% germ) The Jonafree
about half that.
I used a few of the HR seedlings to do an empirical test; "Seedling
Phytotoxicity of Bonide Fungonil" (0.087%Chlorothalonil fungicide).
Not one seedling shows any ill effects after 48 hours from a mighty blast of
the stuff.
Then, I blasted an Evans Cherry seedling with it. After 24 hours, no apparent
damage.
Some fungicides are not quite as friendly to seedlings!

Take this info at face value. !!

Murph

R A Murphy Jr

  • [NAFEX] damping off - fungicide, Richard MURPHY, 02/25/2011