nafex - [NAFEX] Raspberries blackberries

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Raspberries blackberries
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:17:35 -0500

I am planning to plant some bramble berries this year and ran across
this statement at Stark Bros: "Red, Gold and Purple Raspberries and
Blackberries should not be planted within 75 to 100 feet of Black
Raspberries."

Does anyone know why they suggest this? Is it a problem in all areas of
the US?

We have lots of naturalized blackberries here in central NC. I wonder if
anyone successfully grows black raspberries here.

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC