nafex - Re: [NAFEX] flavorful blackberries?

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] flavorful blackberries?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:10:08 -0500

I think that's another one of those subjective things. I grew up in
the midwest eating black raspberries by the gallon, and find that
while I like blackberries, raspberries of any color are much yummier
to me. I have a friend from California who never had black raspberries
before, grew up eating blackberries, and is totally confused why you'd
want to eat such a small tart fruit. ;)

That being said, I have a thornless blackbery, either Arapaho or
Navaho, and in this last hot summer it was delicous. Some years not so
much, but I've been mostly pleased with the homegrown blackberries
I've had around here, varieties unknown.

-matt
z5 SE MI