nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Summer pruning

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Summer pruning
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 06:36:01 -0400

I had trouble with some Apricot disease, and the research I did suggesting it
was bad to prune when the plant was actively growing, especially if it was
wet out. The recommendation (to avoid this particular disease) was to prune
in dry August, or during winter dormancy. So I think the answer to when to
prune is "it depends".

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6