nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Summer pruning

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Summer pruning
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:05:57 -0500

Pruning tends to delay dormancy.

Interesting. That's generally not a problem for me, but it could be, I suppose. I don't know if that's a risk with my peaches and plums or not.

Pruning - dormant pruning, at least - also encourages plants to break dormancy earlier, doesn't it? I've always heard that I should prune some things late, if I want them to stay dormant as long as possible in the spring.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
I've never felt that anyone who stands up and says 'Look, I have the answers' has the answers. - Joyce Carol Oates