nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bud.118, was Quebec Belle,...

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bud.118, was Quebec Belle,...
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:52:18 +0000

I'm finding Bud.118 is hardy & drought tolerant, but tends to have over-growth at the graft union, and trees want to lean.  I even had one fall over, in soft soil & slighty windy location.

Also, you must keep trunks clear of anything which can keep the bark moist, even weeds, because this causes roots to start-- weak areas for entrance of insects & disease.

tc, s.WI, light soil, plenty of tests of harsh winter & drought.