nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quebec Belle, Sandow, and Newtosh Apples - Has anyone tried them?

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quebec Belle, Sandow, and Newtosh Apples - Has anyone tried them?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:51:14 -0500

In my orchard NE of Quebec City, zone 4, Sandow is doing very well. It is
an excellent apple and has quickly graduated to become in my top team. Very
hardy, very little scab even if unsprayed, great flavour. I have it on
Ottawa 3 root. I like it very much and would recommend it without hesitation.
I don't grow Quebec Belle, but tasted it once and I wasn't very excited
about it.
Claude Jolicoeur