nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Evans or Bali cherry

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Evans or Bali cherry
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:40:01 -0500

Ernie,
The only US source that I'm aware of(there may be others) for Evans/Bali is St. Lawrence Nurseries - and they sell theirs as tissue-cultured, own-root specimens. I planted one 10 years or so ago, and it suckers profusely - I've given away numerous 'starts' of it; the original has been on its way out, declining, for several years, but I've got several vigorous sizeable plants that I never got around to moving that can easily take its place.

Lucky