nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mulberry

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mulberry
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:41:09 -0600

Ernest, I may be mistaken, but I don't think black mulberries (M. nigra)
are winter hardy in Kansas. The black mulberries you picked in Kansas
were most likely (M. rubra, M. alba or a hybrid of the two). Where was
this black mulberry tree growing and what makes you think it was M.
nigra? -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.