nafex - [NAFEX] What kind of Apricot

  • From: Robfulton <robfulton@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] What kind of Apricot
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:25:33 -0700

About 15 years ago I dug up a 8 inch "volunteer" seedling from under my mother-in-law's favorite apricot tree and put it in a 5 gal container.
As she had just passed away it was for the memories not the fruit itself.

It has survived well but remained small about 3-4  ft and never flowered.

 If I transplant it now is there a chance it would grow larger and bear fruit?

I never did ask what kind of apricot it was, any chance of identifying it from the leaves alone? It came from Santa Paula, California in an agricultural area but wasn't part of a commercial orchard or anything.

I live in Western Washington now in Bellevue and have heard that is not a great place for apricots. It did fine in its container this past winter.

Thanks,

Robbie Fulton