nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting tape...(where to buy)

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting tape...(where to buy)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:53:10 -0800 (PST)

I think this tape idea is an old NAFEX tip. When I was a kid I helped my dad
when
he tried grafting w/ grafting-wax as coating, and we both said "Gotta be a
better
way." Somehow he learned about the 'Pomona', and this was WAY before
internet! If
I recall correctly, the tape was mentioned in an old article therein. Or,
maybe
someone at Jungs, a local nursery he bought from.

A 22' roll should do 88 grafts, not counting a few for practice. But I use
thinner
scionwood than most.

--- K Q <> wrote:

> I bought some from an Oregon Home Depot store recently. I think it ran
> about $2.50
> for a 22 foot roll. It is called Rubber Splice Tape with Liner, made by the
> Plymouth company in Massachussetts. They had loads of it. At least a hundred
> rolls!
>
> Ace Hardware is another place I have purchased it. Same price, same quality.
> Really good stuff, and we owe it to Tanis for the original tip on this tape,
> Thanks Tanis!
>
> --

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.