nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and scion storage

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and scion storage
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:57:34 -0500

On Mar 1, 2007, at 11:50 AM, DocKW@aol.com wrote:

scions in a frig with apples and cabbage seem ok, but they never sprout once grafted....
K Olson  zone 5 Connecticut

I had better luck.  The scions I stored in the fridge with apples did fine, although several died the second year.  (I actually think the tree caught some virus, because it died a few years later in a mild drought.)  My scions were pretty well wrapped, though, so maybe they were just adequately protected from the ethylene.

Ginda