nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and scion storage

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: <reveland@bresnan.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and scion storage
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:26:08 -0600

Speaking of ethylene, was wondering just how sensitive scionwood is to
ethylene. I have several scions stored in the refridgerator, but since we
try to eat healthy, we also store fresh fruits and vegetables in the fridge.
I try to keep the produce in the bottom and the scions in the top. Can
ethylene enter the plastic bags the scionwood is stored in? Can I tell if
the scionwood is being harmed by ethylene or will they just quietly die?

Mark Angermayer
Zone 5 Kansas