nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 14:40:04 -0500

Bass wrote:
My Great grand parents who originally from Lebanon, used to graft the
wild olives. They used to wrap the graft with the bark of green
mulberries branch. Then apply some moist soil and wrap the whole thing
with a peice of cloth.

I'm the only grafter in recent history in my family, but I've got a friend
from IA who remembers tagging along with her grandfather and watching him
bind grafts with cotton string, sealing the graft union with a liberal
slathering of fresh cow manure.

Lucky