nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:20:58 -0400

Hello,

You will have to hank Cato (Marcus Porcius Cato) who lived 234 BC for writing down those grafting instructions.

Though I suppose we could modify them a bit with modern knowledge and materials.

We often hear of engineers designing simple, reliable water pumps for Africa. They often turn to older designs of the Amish and Mennonites for inspiration.

Why an't we (NAFEX) devise a set of instructions using simple materials, to produce reliable results, for under-developed areas of the world? We have the experience and and know-how.

Keep modern materials like parafilm, and grafting rubbers out of the recipe.

This is not a bad goal for NAFEX.

Later,
Tom