nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "Doc Lisenby" <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:05:08 -0400

"Mark Lanmon here. Whoever copied this ancient accout of grafting below is
being a help to me. I am helping a remote people group near Tibet to
learn grafting. They will not have grafting tape (or any tape) available
to them so this home made mixture and technique is more likely something
they can use. If anyone else has some advise on non-store-bought
supplies, I would be very interested. Thanks, Mark."

Mark, having been in Tibet, I would be surprised if, using the recipe provided by Lon, you could not use Yak butter to replace tallow. I know that they use it as a wax to impregnate wooden floors. I have seen containers of it in Buddhist Temples where it is used as lighting fuel which appeared to contain hundreds of pounds. You are probably reviving a practice (grafting) in Tibet which has been lost over the centuries. I know that there is evidence that the Chinese practiced grafting previous to our recognized "civilization" having the capability of recording such things in books. Horticultural practices were recorded on slabs of bamboo by the ancient Chinese but it will probably be another generation before we will learn much about them. A small group of interested people are slowly translating them into modern Chinese but, as far as I know, there are no plans to publish their findings in any other language. There was a rumor going around that the Chinese Government was funding a move to re-discover the history of their people's past in many areas.
Doc Lisenby