nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Akebia

  • From: bassem@gardener.com
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Akebia
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:46:01 -0800 (PST)

Chris,
A friend of mine has the vine growing in our area. zone 6 pa, 80 miles north
of were you are. It's perfectly hardy here. It actually became invasive for
him. Plant it in a place that it can be controled. I doesn't seem to be very
productive.. but it will bloom. it possibly needs cross pollination.
Hope that helps

Bass
zone 6, Pa