nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quince

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quince
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:12:13 -0800 (PST)

You are correct. I have just finished preserving some
Chaenomeles. The fruits have many seeds stacked your
in rows with about 5-6 rows or sections. You could
easily get 30+ seeds from one fruit. Where as the
Cydonia seed (if I remember are vertically oriented(if
I remember right). I usually see 4-6 seeds from that
Cydonia fruit. The core looks very much like an apple
or pear.

There is also Psudo-Cydonia (?). I have only seen
that fruit once, but as I remember the fruit is more
football shaped.

Robert