nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clumsy Oaf

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clumsy Oaf
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:09:27 +0000

You mean the new growth broke off from the original scionwood, so that the graft is back to "day one"? Darn. I don't know what to predict. Can you wait and see what happens, and tell the list?

I had a year-old graft with 2 short stems which grew last year. Somehow the deer managed to pull one thru the fence, and trimmed it for me. (Of course this was an apple cultivar I've had trouble grafting!) But so far the remaining stem has grown well.