nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bitter juneberries

  • From: growyourown@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bitter juneberries
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:45:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

In my travels I have tasted Juneberries across the whole northern tier
if the USA and then some. In Montana,near Kalispell,close to Glacier, I came
across some bitter ones. Or more like dirty flavored. The one thing that was
different from others was that they had nearly zero pulp and a bunch of
seeds. I remember thinking also that the skin of the fruit was partly
responsible.

Mark, still sweating my ass off waiting for the cold front to move through