nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sudden pecan death.

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sudden pecan death.
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:50:37 -0500

Sometimes with pecan there is a borer that cuts all of the cambium but
leaves the bark. In this case just moderate pressure will break the limb off
and it looks as though cut clean by a razor straight across. Sometimes a
flatheaded apple tree borer will ring the tree and kill all above that spot.
I put out the official release on Moreland so I like it very much for most
locations but along the coast and very moist locations, humidity wise, it
will scab without scab preventative sprays.
Topgun