nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sudden pecan death.

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sudden pecan death.
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:10:34 -0400

The reason I planted that particular variety was that it seems to have
performed well (enough) in actual Florida conditions. It was one of
the recommended varieties according to the Extension Service as shown
here: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HS106.

I haven't dug it up yet so I'll go back and reexamine the tree and see
if I can find any borer damage. I've had minor trouble with twig
girdlers on the Desirable, but what they do is very obvious. They
nearly wrecked one of my pears last year after the hurricanes.

.....Alan.