nafex - Re: [NAFEX] black currents (revisited)

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] black currents (revisited)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:50:17 EDT

Todd, Ben Lomand is from the Scottish Research Institute and has been a very good black currant. I like it better than most, it is subject to powdrey mildew and WPBR but for many years was the black currant of choice in the UK for juicing.  It has a good balance of flavor and is a very high yielding variety.

Have you fruited the gooseberries, I would be interested in how they do for you and what they are like. You are probably at the southern border of the range to grow them.

Ed Mashburn
Z 5/6  PA