nafex - Re: [NAFEX] MAIA annual meeting

  • From: "Erwin Meekers" <erwin.meekers@luc.ac.be>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] MAIA annual meeting
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:19:35 +0100

Dear Mr Elliot,

Thanks for offering your phonenumber. The problem is that I'm from Belgium
(Europe) and hence we are here in a complete other timezone (sleeping when
you are awake and vice versa). Furthermore my spoken English is rather bad.

I think the keywords for the next generation apples are quality (internal!)
and a very long shelf-life ("low-ethylene cultivars"). Something like a
superior GoldRush.

So is it possible for you to share on this forum some thoughts and ideas you
picked up at that meeting about good breeding parents (and combinations) to
create the next generation of apples? That's probably not that much
information to tell here.

Erwin Meekers