nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bush Cherries

  • From: hector black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bush Cherries
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:16:26 -0700

Hi again Mike,
They are different species. Can't remember the species of Hansen's bush
cherry. They look very different, the Nanking is P. tomentosa and the
leaves are furry. Hansen has smooth leaves, larger fruit. And cherries
have a stem whereas the Nanking grows right on the main stem. We tried
Hansen's here, the fruit was good, but the bushes quite small. Too hot in
summer here, they were a native to the northern plains states so should do
well in a colder climate.

Hector Black, middle TN zone 6