msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR news in your area?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Shirley Cox" <shirley1950@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR news in your area?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:13:55 -0400

I usually do not respond with an opinion, but it truly saddens me that some of the SAR units are no longer in existence. North Georgia Mounted Search and Rescue is active, training and ready to aid our surrounding counties whenever needed, in hopes we can be of assistance to our community and help bring some relief to a grieving family.

The training we all do, is not only beneficial for SAR, but in many ways, can play an important role in working with horses, playing with horses or just plain everyday life. A SAR unit is a team that stems from the heart, not the amount of frequency you are called, or that one team my be called more than another. It is about being ready to help whenever needed and knowing that our passion for horses can be put to a greater use. We believe in training for tomorrow, but hope that tomorrow never comes. To us that means that no family is worried or suffering because someone is lost or missing. But when it does, we are there.

It doesn't take a large group, just a dedicated group with trust in one another and the heart and hopes that we can be of service to our community.

Just my thoughts,

Shirley Cox, Secretary
NGMSAR
-----Original Message----- From: Una Smith