msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:23:38 -0400

Check with your state’s EMS protocol regarding auto-injectors.  In many states only the adult or guardian of the minor victim can administer the injection if not a medical professional acting on orders.  This means you must be a National Registry EMT-I, RN, EMT-P, PA acting on a physician’s orders or a physician to administer the epi.  In PA I can administer the nerve gas antidotes with auto injectors as an EMT but not epi for bee stings (nerve gas kit is similar—3 shots through clothes, repeat in 15 minutes or as directed).  This also applies to the new insulin injectors.

Irv Lichtenstein