msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Dawn Ratz <dawn.ratz@gmail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:18:22 -0400

Yes I do. I have each work with a trainer pen- just in case I am unable to. I always tell anyone I ride with we all need to know each others allergies. If we go down we can't help others.

Dawn

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Una Smith <una.smith@att.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 11:41:49AM -0400, Dawn Ratz wrote:
>I also carry 2 epi pens- but that is just me :) I am deathly allergic to
>bee stings.

Dawn, do you also tell each of your team mates that you have these?  Have
you had them practice using a "trainer" pen?  If you have a severe event
there is a chance that others will need to administer the epinephrine.  I
nearly lost a friend that way.  He gave himself one dose but then passed
out.  Other people gave him the additional doses that saved his life.

        Una