msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Dawn Ratz <dawn.ratz@gmail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR Rider 10 Essentials List
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:40:53 -0400

I am first responder trained so I always carry a kit with me- but Anyone can carry a cheap package of sanitary pads ( they work so much better than gauze and are Cheaper and individually wrapped) vet wrap, and quick stop powder to stop large bleeds. With these three items most things can be fixed on human or animal till medical help can be reached. I also make sure I carry glucose pills and energy bars- and more than enough water for 3-4 people. (big saddle bags!) Dehydration and low blood sugar are common reasons for disorientation and people getting lost.

Dawn