msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Wildfire

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Sabine <ranch@tektrail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Wildfire
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:45:59 -0600

Brad has the radio with him right now.
We cannot get thru to LA anymore. We are taking the horse to the pasture
in La Cueva and, if later necessary, to Corrales.
Cochiti Mesa is burnt. The fire supposedly came over the ridge into Del
Norte Canyon. At least some houses (I believe not all) are lost. The
fire station is gone. At first I was told that a friend of mine on
Cochiti Mesa lost her horses. Now it is possible that they were left
running which may spell disaster as well. The fire was very fast upon
the area.
We are taking the important things - the 5ps and pets before computers
which I will take as well, though. I have 2 wild cats though I cannot
locate ... bummer - with us in case the winds shift. The fire is
creeping towards the east right now. This is a huge fire growing very
fast. I am very concerned. Signing off for now. Sabine