msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Winter Searches - clothes

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: sleininger@myfrontiermail.com
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Winter Searches - clothes
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:45:03 +0000 (UTC)

how do you guys get on your horses.?

***I usually stand on a box, truck bed, downed tree, I can get up without
them but it ain't purty.

Our winters are very mild and a good jumper and a dri-as a bone are usually
sufficient.

***Our winters here are pretty cold. Right now we have about 6 inches of
snow and it is 11degrees. It is supposed to be 3 degrees tonight.

Our summer is the problem,fly veils and fly repellant for the horses...same
for riders.

**Same here.

Sherrel