msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Winter Searches - clothes

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David leadbetter" <dleadbetter1@aapt.net.au>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Winter Searches - clothes
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:54:23 +0800

Very interesting...but how do you guys get on your horses.?
Our winters are very mild and a good jumper and a dri-as a bone are usually sufficient.
Our summer is the problem,fly veils and fly repellant for the horses...same for riders.
At home I ride early morning or late evening to beat the heat.
Depending on the situation I evaluate whether I will respond to a call out if the temp is going to be extreme i.e over 35 [about 95 ].I know that when it is really hot,I am just as likely to get crook...which makes me a possible liability.

cheers

Linda
Perth WesternAustralia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois Guyon" <laguyon2@yahoo.com>