msar-riders - [MSAR] Dilema and not because I am a woman of fashion...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Dilema and not because I am a woman of fashion...
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

Just curious as a group here what everyones definition of  "HEAVY orange" would be.

Here is the situation:  You are asked to come to a training session in the fall and the co-ordinator says ---->> dress in "HEAVY orange.

Maybe someone could explain what he means!   And those here could tell us what they think and what they would bring without his thorough explaination.

This ought to be interesting.  I have my notions, let us hear what you think.
        Karen Nesbitt - VMSAR - Iroqouis County - Illinois
PS - Dear co-ordinator, not saying who you are right now as you know who you are......but is your training session also open to volunteers?  I am assuming when I get invitations like this in my email, it is.  Please advise.  And what if one does not have the proper attire???  Us volunteers usually kinda do our own thing but will conform as best as possible and well, since there has been discussion on color here and where maybe others on  this list perhaps across a state line might be  getting a similiar invite  they may have a difference of opinion on what you are asking.
Which brings me to this.. in a real national call out....everyone has different dress and gear..  Just saying!  Since several colors  have been mentioned here on tabards alone.    And volunteers may or may not have a tabard.
Which brings up one other question for the group.. are tabards mandatory to wear when riding on the road or elsewhere and what color should they be be you pleasure or on a search?  Is there a law regarding this?

Ok group and co-ordinator.. your turn!