msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Dilemma and not because I am a woman of fashion...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Irvin Lichtenstein " <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Dilemma and not because I am a woman of fashion...
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 06:44:12 -0400

I keep an “orange” highway vest in mesh and Velcro in the truck—good enough for the interstate and Turnpike.  My riding helmet has both silver and orange helmet reflective tape around the joint between the white shell and the black foam and some reflective material on the sides so I don’t look like a whitetail deer.

If things really get drastic I can reverse one of the fire company nylon quilted jackets since it is lined in orange and designed to reverse but it is like an Air Force survival parka, really only works blue side out.

Irv Lichtenstein