msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR horse training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Finkle, Tomi <CTR>" <Tomi.Finkle@associates.dhs.gov>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR horse training
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:18:31 -0400

Joseph,

You can go to the www.vasarco.org site and download the Virginia Equine
SAR standards. There is a PDF of the basic Horse and Evaluator (HRE)
testing sheet that can be used as a good starting point for your .
http://www.vasarco.net/VASARCO/Standards/EquineStandardsFinal2006.pdf

If you want to take a road trip and come as an observer, the TROTSAR
Mounted Team is conducting HRE testing on 11 Sept 2010 in Charles County
MD.

Regards,

T'mi

Email: Tomi.Finkle@associates.dhs.gov