msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Amazing and so sad.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Amazing and so sad.
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 20:41:10 -0400

Well put Irv.  It took a lot of persuading our parade committee that "poppers" and that candy should be forbidden at the parades.  The year we had the incident with the drunk on horseback, I had already found a policeman  as we were lining up and asked him to remove said drunk  and he would not do so.  After the "incident", I met every year the week of the parade and reminded the police in charge of the parade, that if I asked for someone to be escorted out of the parade lineup, I was to be taken seriously and no second thoughts.  I obviously wasn't asking because I didn't like the guy, he was drunk..  We never had an incident after that.

Lila